What is a better way to start the working week than with a delicious and easy garlic recipe that will get you through the week.
I found this great recipe over at recipe tin eats for a garlic and cheese muffin and it is amazing.
Savoury Cheese (and garlic) Muffins
Prep: 15 mins Cook 20 Mins Makes 11 Muffins
- 50g Salted Butter
- 2 garlic cloves crushed or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove crushed or 1 teaspoon minced garlic (more if you want it with a strong garlic flavour)
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 160 C fan forced
- Heat butter and garlic in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, heat again until all melted
- Brush 12 standard muffin tin with butter/garlic mixture leaving some mixture to brush the tops of the muffins
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and salt in one bowl
- Whisk together egg, milk, sour cream, vegetable oil and parsley and garlic in another bowl
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredient and mix together making sure not to over work it. (just enough to combine the ingredients)
- Add cheese to mixture and combine with as little stirs as possible
- Divide mixture between 11 holes in the muffin tin filling right to the top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and crusty
- Remove onto cooling rack, brush with remaining butter and cool slightly before eating.
For full recipe and extra tips and tricks head over to https://www.recipetineats.com/cheese-garlic-muffins/ the recipe also has suggestions of other ingredients that could be added.